The history of Foley Schools dates back to 1908 when records indicate that the school was a one-room building. Additional rooms were added over the next several years, and in 1918, a two-story brick building was erected. Mr. S. M. Tharp was the superintendent.
The first senior class graduated in 1922. A new five-room building (now Foley Middle School) was built in 1924, and the school officially became Foley High School.
In 1958 the school became a member of the Southern Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges. In the 1970’s the school was divided into three (and then, four) schools with separate faculty, administration, and staff. The library, gym, and science wing were added to the facility. The school population grew rapidly beginning with the 1980’s.
The new Foley High School opened in its new location at One Pride Drive in the fall of 1990. In addition to 65 classrooms, the building houses a media center, four computer labs, a technology lab, a special education suite, gym, and cafeteria. Since its opening, outside areas have been developed, including a wetland for scientific study, field house, baseball and softball fields, and a track. The fall of 1995 brought the beginning of block scheduling and additional requirements for graduation and new course offerings. In 1998 the entire school was networked to accommodate for additional technology and expansion of technology in the future. In 2005, due to extensive expansion of students and facilities, six portable learning cottages were added to the grounds of Foley High School with an additional 14 projected for the next school year. All of these are wired for teacher and student use of technology. In 2006, these portables were added to the school grounds and construction of a new wing got underway to provide for the rapid growth seen in the school and its facilities.
Just as in the past, the educational needs of the people and the community will motivate changes and expansion at Foley High School.